- This contest is open only to Quebec residents who are between the ages 16 and 29.
- No purchase is necessary for this contest, which is intended for participants duly registered to the 24h PAUSE 2022 challenge.
- In order to be declared winners, people whose names will be randomly selected must have first filled out, prior to November 20, 2022, the registration form at the time of the draw.
- This contest is not open to the employees, officers, or directors of Capsana or those of its partners, support network and collaborators, suppliers, representatives, agents or advertising and promotion agencies, or the respective immediate family members of such employees or anyone living with them.
- The 24h PAUSE 2022 event will take place on Sunday, November 20, 2022 until 11:59 p.m. (EST).
- Anyone interested in participating in the 24h PAUSE 2022 event must fill out and submit, before November 19, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. (EST) inclusively, ONLY ONE registration form in electronic form. All registration forms must be submitted at the latest by November 19, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. (EST) inclusively, the reception time considered to be the date and time of the submission of the form online.
- The registration form must be submitted online, by completing and submitting the registration form on the PAUSE website at https://pauseyourscreen.com/24h-pause/registration/.
- By submitting the registration form through the PAUSE website, participants declare that they have read and understood the 24h PAUSE 2022 event rules and regulations as well as meet the requirements and agree to comply with them.
The prize is reserved for participants between the ages of 16 and 29. Only the participants aged 16 to 29 years at the time of their registration are eligible for this prize, namely a $1000 cash amount.
Awarding of prize and draw
- Capsana is the initiator of PAUSE and is the only entity responsible for the organization of the draw, which will be conducted according to an extremely rigorous process under the supervision of a committee made up of in-house representatives involved in the production of PAUSE.
- The winner will be randomly drawn on November 21, 2022. The winner will be announced on November 28, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. (EST).
- The prize must be accepted as it is awarded and described in the present rules and regulations. It cannot be substituted with another prize, or exchanged, in whole or in part, for another property.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received during the contest period.
The prize will be awarded in the following way:
The prize will be drawn among all the duly registered Quebec participants between the ages of 16 and 29. Any participation exceeding one entry per person will be cancelled. The winner will be contacted by email after the draw. They will be invited to communicate with the PAUSE team by email at email@example.com to claim their prize. If the winner does not contact the PAUSE team within 48 business hours following the first attempt at reaching them, at the rate of one email per day, they forfeit their prize. In this case, a second draw will be conducted.
Commitment of the winner
- The name of the winner will be posted on the PAUSE website at https://pauseyourscreen.com/24h-pause/24h-youth/ and will also be included in the final 24h PAUSE 2022 encouragement email.
- The winner consents to the use, if required and without compensation, of their name, photograph, name of their educational institution if applicable, city and region of residence and/or any statement related to winning the prize by the PAUSE organizers and their partners for communications and advertising purposes related to PAUSE.
Authority and responsibilities
- Capsana has FINAL AUTHORITY to make judgments and decisions regarding the registration of participants and the assessment of the eligibility of potential winners of the PAUSE campaign contests, as well as the awarding of prizes.
- Subject to the application of the Act respecting lotteries, publicity contests and amusement machines in relation to the PAUSE campaign, any dispute regarding the organization or conduct of a promotional contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any dispute associated with the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- Capsana, its employees and consultants as well as the organizers, partners and sponsors of PAUSE CANNOT BE HELD LIABLE in the event of accident, loss or theft, or of any other problems or costs related, directly or indirectly, to the acquisition or use of a prize.
- Taxes applicable under the Act respecting lotteries, publicity contests and amusement machines have been paid.
- Refusal to accept a prize releases Capsana from any obligation related to said prize, including its delivery.
- Capsana and its representatives are not liable for any technical, mechanical, IT, telephone, telecommunication, distribution or production errors, and reserves the right to cancel or withdraw the contest should such errors occur, without notice or obligation, at its sole discretion.
- Capsana is not liable for any damages caused to the user’s information technology system after participating in the contest or downloading information required to participate in the contest.